I wish to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! There never has been a better time of the year than Christmas time. I find it interesting that as I was growing up--and even as recently as my first semester at college (and maybe even more recently... at various points throughout my mission)--whenever I pictured myself as an adult, there was always an abundance of snow in the background of the scenes that I pictured.
Just this last Friday, Krystal and I experienced the realization of one of my imagined future moments. We were in Salt Lake City at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for the Streakwave company Christmas party. There were huge snowflakes, slowing drifting downward to the city streets, catching the glow of the city lights. We were sitting at a table near the window of a restaurant where we generally wouldn't be, enjoying great food that we typically wouldn't be eating, while the car that matched my valet ticket out in the valet parking lot was a vehicle that is considerably nicer than our own vehicle.
It was essentially what I pictured happening around 30 or 31, only it came about 5 years ahead of schedule (perhaps that is primarily because each aspect of it was financed by someone else).
I love winter, but to be more exact, I love Christmas time. May you all have as wonderful a Christmas time as you've always imagined!
With love,
Collin, Krystal and kids
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great evening in Salt Lake with the snow and the city lights and the nice car outside! I love this time of year, too. Merry Christmas! It's nice to see you on here, again!
Pyp-
Is that a picture of you riding a cartoon turtle?
It's very small.
Hey Collin, This is Kristy Congrats on the new little one coming. Your pictures are cute and your kids are darling. I hope you had a merry christmas and have a saft new year. Love ya
Post a Comment