Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ford's First Talk

Today Ford gave his first talk in primary. Our ward is so huge that for the primary we hold opening exercises in the chapel and the kids do their talks from the podium. Ford was so excited all week as we prepared for it. He told me what he wanted to say and it took me awhile to convince him that we should save the talks about dragons for show and tell at preschool.

He dressed up in this cute shirt and tie with a jacket and made sure that he had his hair just right. He could barely wait until it was time. He got right up and spoke very clearly right into the microphone. He gave his talk and did a great job. I was so proud of him.

Later that night he gave the talk to his grandparents and a few of his aunts and uncles that were unable to make it. He received thunderous applause. His brother Everett had to get in on that action. He stood up next to me as I held the pictures up. Everett waited for two pictures before he wanted applause, then he started clapping until everyone joined in.

3 comments:

Pyper Nicholes said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Mom said he was wonderful! Yesterday, he told me I really should be there so I could "hear me talk about Obama." I asked why he was talking about Obama in primary, and he said, "My talks not about Obama, but I'm going to tell a Obama joke. Just a joke!" He's hilarious and brilliant!

Joe and Jenny said...

He is so cute. Lauren was so bummed that she couldn't say the opening prayer because it was Ward Conference. I still don't understand why she couldn't say it. I wish I would have stayed to listen to Ford.

The Taylor Family said...

Hi neighbor.............I just came across your blog........very cute! Ford did an excellent job with his talk.