who made the event even more special than it otherwise would have been. The actual blessing was indeed unique and the "after party" was enjoyable.There was something special about the entire day. In his blessing, Everett was blessed to be a leader for his generation--although they will not always follow. He was endowed with the strength to be an individual of character and to resist temptation. In his blessing, he was also given organizational skills and any other skills he will need to ensure his success throughout life. Taking his middle name from Krystal's paternal grandfather, Everett Swede was also blessed with the spirit of volunteerism that Grandpa Littlewood had; seeing to the safety, comfort and well-being of those around him. Additionally, he was given the gift of academic ambition, both secular and spiritual.
I thought it was interesting that I was prompted to bless him with specific skills. Never before have I heard of a baby blessing including organizational skills. The blessing also counseled Everett to be prepared for more rapid deterioration of the status of the Earth than has been seen in previous generations.
Krystal and I discussed later that there was no mention of "serving an honorable mission" or "being married in the temple." I don't sense that the spirit led me away from including those two common phrases, but rather they were contained in the whole of all the other blessings he was given. Even though we can't seem to remember all of the words, we definitely know that Everett's blessing was one of a kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment