This year we decided to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with more than just green food. We decorated a small box with the kids and placed it in the window sill. That night the leprechauns stopped and put some of their treasure inside and then hid the box of treasure. In the morning Ford found the box and was so excited about his gold nuggets (little chocolate candy bars) and the jewels that they left behind.
Later that day Ford had a preschool party where he found more treasure from the leprechaun and had tons of fun painting a green shirt with a pot of gold. He still talks about all the treasure that he found and it was fun to see him get so excited about the holiday that I think we have a new family tradition. Everett just loved eating the chocolate!
Later that night Collin's mom brought over corned beef and cabbage, which he really enjoyed. The boys tasted it but I am not sure if they liked it.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun. I think I need to step it up a little for the holidays.
I'll take cabbage and corned beef any day.
Post a Comment