Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life Lessons

This year my resolution is to enjoy the good ol' times, which happen to be right now. Last year I was always caught up in the many things I did not get done and I found myself always tired. I have promised myself to make this year different. It seems every where we go people know my goal. People see me in the store or at the library with my baby screaming, my two-year old chasing around with his brother's snow boot on the right foot and a Lightning McQueen tennis shoe on the left, and my four-year old either chasing the previous or being chased by him. These people smile at me as I am struggling and tell me to enjoy this because I will miss it all soon.

Well today was a little rough, let me share with you my dinner experience... Dad was working late, we were going to have pancakes and eggs for dinner. My sweet Everett loves to say "I help you mommy." and he immediately took position to crack the eggs (He manages to get most of the egg in the pan, along with several shells, which he then tries to remove himself.) I put him on the counter to wash his hands, the baby is screaming and I turn to help when all of a sudden I am getting rained on. He took the sprayer to get a drink (thanks to his uncles) and in the process floods the kitchen and drenches his sister and me. I shout his name and run to punish him. He looks at me startled. He had no idea what he had done. I calmly get him down and he says "I clean up Mommy."

We make it through dinner without any major catastrophes and we all stop to play a game of wrestle and the boys laugh as we enjoy this time together, we even had time to play a few board games before bedtime. I know that I am going to blink and all too soon they will be grown up and gone. I am writing this to remind myself that even when I feel like my head will explode that I am going to look back and remember these trying times as some of the best.

1 comment:

MelRol said...

What a great goal! People tell me to enjoy the craziness too, when I'm ushering my chaos through the store or church. I guess they are right.