I am always amazed at how much kids absorb and understand, especially when it seems like everything I say goes right above their heads.
We are taking a trip to Thailand and me the over-worrier of the family has been taking time to learn about the country and the people. As part of that I have been trying to teach the kids a little of the language and a bit of the culture. I told the kids how we need to follow the laws and show respect to Buddha. Buddhism is the common religion and their are hundreds of Wats or Buddhist temples there. I told the kids that those are there because the people do not know about Jesus. Ford looked thoughtful for a while and then looked at me and said "That's sad. I am going on a mission there and you are going to come with me." I explained that moms do not go with their sons on missions and he replies "You have to mom I am going as a little kid. When we go there I am going to teach the people about Jesus."
I am so thankful to my children and that they listen and understand so much more than it seems.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet is that?! That is truly awesome...both your trip and the missionary opportunity...I am sure Ford will be a great missionary throughout his life!
Wow! When are you going to Thailand? Spencer spent a week there with a singing group when he was in college. You're taking your kids? Wow, you guys are brave!
Have fun in Thailand!! I loved it there....I loved it the most out of the cities! Make sure you guys ride some elephants! Ford sure is cute!
Post a Comment