Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fordy and Ev

This morning, while at church, we found ourselves in a very familiar position: directly to the right of the Brimley's. As our homes sit on our street, so did we on the first row of the overflow. One of Ford's best friends ever is Bailey, who also happens to be one of about 80 girls from our neighborhood. Because of this, I often see the girls sharing their toys with Ford, which tend to be princess-related objects.

Today, Bailey was letting Ford play with her Disney Princess Pen Collection, which consists of Disney's princesses pictured on the pens, and at the end of each of the pens is a long string. The idea is that the pen becomes the pendant of a necklace. I was a bit uneasy, at first, until it almost started a fight. Bailey had decided that she no longer wanted Ford to play with her pen (I think it was the Cinderella pen, to be exact). So she proceeded to reach for the pen and Fordy pulled it back, and while holding onto the pen and dangling the string, he declared: "But Bailey, I'm fishing!"

Boy was I relieved... and impressed. Fishing became the only thing to do with the pens for the rest of Sacrament Meeting.

The Everett Update: Ev can now stand up all by himself. The longest period of time that I have seen him maintain his balance was a 7-count! That kid has been walking himself around furniture and things for about a month and a half (since about the 7 month mark), but now he's really moving. It is only a matter of time!

No comments: