Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fordy's brilliant insight, today.


A very funny thing happened this morning. As I was trying to squeeze another 10 minutes of sleep out of the morning, I grabbed my phone and started streaming audio. I hoped that this would distract Everett from crying and Ford from telling us that it is "finally morning time."

What was the media that I had been listening to the night before? The Rush Limbaugh show! The music immediately caught the attention of both boys. They were staring at my phone laughing and bopping their heads to the beat. As Rush began the segment, Fordy asked who it was, so I responded: "Son, this is the voice of Rush Limbaugh."




He began repeating the things he was saying until he heard something--I am not sure what Rush had said. But whatever it was, it apparently had a familiar spirit about it, because Ford stopped copying Rush and said: "Oh, this is kinda like church!" It is a pure mind and pure heart that can hear a truth and recognize it right off!



He then heard Rush Limbaugh say "Nancy Pelosi". To this he responded with a question (asked in an almost disdainful tone): "Ha, ha, ha. Pelosi? Who is that?" Once he learned that she is the current Speaker of the House, he stated that he hopes that if he ever meets her, he'll have his Lightning McQueen shoes on. His Lightning McQueen shoes make him run a whole lot faster than any of his other shoes! He asked me to show him a picture of her so he'll know to run when he sees her. I showed him this photo only to have him confirm what I've always known: She's scary! And he's only 2 years old!



We can really learn a lot from the intuition and innocence of a child.

8 comments:

Pyper Nicholes said...

That is hilarious! He's brilliant... but we already knew that. I'm glad he's got Lightning McQueen shoes so he can run super fast.

blake and mckelle said...

your kids have gotten so cute and so big! I never knew you guys had this...it's been good seeing you guys! Hey I'm locking mine up so send me your e-mail address!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

How cute.....Kids always know how to make you smile. We live in Syracuse on the Glen Eagle golfcourse. It would definatley be fun to go to dinner and hang out.

Pfahim said...

April, We live about 45 seconds from you. We are across the field to the south of Glen Eagle. We are just down from the new elementary school.

Rodarte Family said...

Cute kids! I can't believe you are a family of four. Hey, do you live near Benton and Melissa?

Jen said...

You know what they say "Out of the mouth's of babes..." Good thing he is learning the truth about good and evil early in life.....

Thanks for all the updates!

Ben and Marcie said...

Hi Collin-
It was good to hear from you! Looks like you're doing well. We'll add you on so we can keep in touch.
-Ben Batty

Rodarte Family said...

Hey, something weird: Ben and Marcie Batty are really good friends of ours. We lived near each other while we were in Vernal. Small world!